- Normus Urban Projects was engaged to undertake the full suite of development and construction services – from yield analysis, architectural design, documentation development (including engineering and surveying), facilitating relevant council & building approvals, to delivering high-quality turn-key construction.
- Construction works were certified as Gold Level in accordance with Livable Housing Australia guidelines.
- An increased development yield was achieved without compromise to the large and functional area of communal open space.
- Main bedrooms were incorporated at the front of homes to enable residents to maintain a connection with the retirement estate community.
- Pathway and driveway gradients were designed and maintained to ensure optimal mobility for residents as the site’s topography and cross fall, at the rear of the site, posed a challenge.
- An underground stormwater detention basin (65,000L) was incorporated within the communal open space, minimising individual rainwater tank requirements for rear yards thus providing an increase in effective and functional backyard space.
- Excellent collaboration with all stakeholders, throughout the project entirety, ensured that the best development outcome was achieved therefore resulting in an exceptional community environment which can facilitate social interaction and multi-generational use of the communal open space.
State Award Winner – Small Scale Development Residential – UDIA SA Awards (nominated by ECH)
HIA South Australian Housing Award Winner 2019 – Specialised Housing
HIA South Australian Housing Award Winner 2019 – Steel Frame Project